Providing Solutions to Healthcare Challenges through Engineering
The Health Care Engineering Systems Center of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign provides clinical immersion and fosters collaboration between engineers and physicians. The goal is to use our expertise in the broad areas of simulation technologies, smart health systems, data analytics, human factors, and medical robotics to design and develop collaborative solutions that improve health care outcomes. We partner with Jump Simulation of OSF HealthCare at Peoria, Illinois, in an innovative relationship, known as Applied Research for Community Health through Engineering and Simulation (ARCHES).
We are advancing the field of health care engineering every day by discovering new answers to some of the most pressing questions of our time. We work with the healthcare industry to achieve better performance through data science, simulation and education, and smart health technologies.
Together with our vast network of faculty and researchers we provide know-how in the following areas:
- Improve efficiency through health data analytics
- Test, validate, and improve devices in the Jump Simulation Center
- Provide training and certification for the healthcare industry
- Develop virtual and augmented reality based training modules
- Create and prototype physical or virtual simulators that meet specific needs
We work with organizations both small and large. For exploring collaborative opportunities with HCESC please contact us.