The COVID-19 Task Force is a collection of bright minds amongst health care and engineering at Illinois bringing together AI technologies, machine learning, health data analytics, and simulation to provide real-time solutions to the challenge of COVID-19. We invite you to collaborate with us and our faculty at Illinois, whether you’re in the healthcare industry or academia, to come together and fight COVID-19. View the task force here.
This page serves as a collection of the latest reliable resources on COVID-19 and to provide updates on the latest innovations happening at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. If you are a student or faculty member looking for University of Illinois-specific information relating to online class, University policies, or other information, instead please visit Covid19.Illinois.Edu.
Get in touch with departments and faculty at UIUC to collaborate on solutions against COVID-19.
Get real-time data on COVID-19 cases in Illinois and our community.
Have a question about COVID-19? Submit and we’ll answer your questions weekly.
From the Experts
- Happy Holidays and Top Ten in 2020!We’re excited to relax this holiday season and reflect on […]
- HCESC Develops ECMO Training SimulatorThis story appeared in the Fall 2020 edition of Veteran’s […]
- University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign Develops Robot to Sterilize SpacesUltraviolet light is a form of radiation that can be […]
- HCESC Assists in Developing AQoventLeading aerospace precision engineering and manufacturing company Aequs, based in […]
- University of Illinois Faculty — Supported by Jump Partnership –Develops Simple N95 Respirator Mask Decontamination Technology with Microwave Oven PlasmasFrom https://grainger.illinois.edu/news/36984. In the early days of the pandemic, hospitals […]
RESEARCH FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES
This page offers a comprehensive view of projects in The Grainger College of Engineering that are addressing COVID-19, from HCESC to Computer Science.
ABOUT THE HEALTH CARE ENGINEERING SYSTEMS CENTER
The Health Care Engineering Systems Center at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign provides clinical immersion and fosters collaboration between engineers and physicians. The goal is to use our expertise in the broad areas of simulation technologies, smart health systems, data analytics, human factors, and medical robotics to design and develop collaborative solutions that improve healthcare outcomes.
We partner with Jump Simulation of OSF HealthCare in Peoria, Illinois, in an innovative relationship known as Applied Research for Community Health through Engineering and Simulation (Jump ARCHES). We are always in search of collaboration partners to develop new and innovative techniques to improve healthcare outcomes. Please contact us if you are a researcher interested in developing technologies related to simulation, VR, smart health, data analytics, human factors, or medical robotics to express interest in working with us.