A broad concept that encompasses an array of technologies to store, share, analyze and generally manage health information. These e-health tools are designed to place the patient at the center of the medical care, aiming to:
- Improve health care quality and effectiveness
- Increase health care productivity and efficiency
- Prevent medical errors and increase health care accuracy and procedural correctness
- Reduce health care costs
- Extend real-time communications of health informatics among health care professionals
- Expand access to affordable care.
Researchers working in this area include: